Frequently Asked Questions.

We understand at Mr Marquee that you may have questions. Please find a selection of the most common questions we are asked below, if you have any other queries, please feel free to contact us.

What size and type of marquee will I need?

This will depend on the use, table layout, type of surface and what additional areas are required (dance floors, bar areas, catering areas etc). All the marquees we use offer flexible modular/linked solutions and can be added to. Styles vary so we can create a look which blends into the surroundings or alternatively stands out as the centre feature of your event. With this in mind we provide free of charge no obligation site visits using our experienced staff to discuss your individual requirements.

What electrical supply will be required for heating and lighting?

Either a standard 240V supply, we will provide circuit breakers and waterproof junction boxes, or a power supply through a generator that we can hire to you if a 240v power source is not available or is insufficient to meet all the supply demands (catering, lighting, entertainment equipment etc).

Do I need to book far in advance?

The period from Easter to October is the busiest time for the marquee hire industry. Many customers book up to a year in advance. To make sure you are able to secure your preferred dates and for us to provide a professional service, we suggest you book well in advance of your event and after you have received your quotation. However if you have a last minute requirement, call us and we will do our utmost to accommodate your request.

What is the hire period?

This will be identified on the quotation and is normally for 1 day. However, we are flexible and if you have a back-to-back event the following day we will try to provide the marquee for the second day at no extra cost. This is subject to prior agreement, so it is important to make your request well in advance. In addition, depending on the size of the event, site access and working with other contractors we will always try to have the marquee erected at least 1 full day in advance (you do not pay for this day). Under normal circumstances we will take the marquee down the day following the event (weather permitting). We always try to clear the site at the earliest convenient time.

How much damage will a marquee do to my garden or site?

We will try to take every care not to cause unnecessary damage. It is important that grass is cut short to facilitate erection and provide a flat internal ground surface. During the summer months the grass may discolour where a marquee has been placed, depending on how long the marquee has been up and how much use the grass area has received. We will comb the site for litter before leaving.t equipment etc).

Do you support local groups and charities?

Yes. Depending upon availability of our marquees we are able to offer a subsidised rate to charities and local groups with charitable interests.

Do I need public liability or event insurance?

Mr Marquee has Public and Products Liability insurance to a limit of £2.5million. However the customer is responsible for the company’s equipment during the hire period and may feel it necessary to arrange insurance accordingly with its existing or a specialist insurer. Mr Marquee does charge a Accidental Damage Waiver Fee, included in the price you pay, the customer will remain responsible for and will indemnify the company against any loss or damage resulting from their negligence or legal liability. Full details are provided within our Terms and Conditions supplied with every quotation. Theft or loss of goods is specifically excluded from the Accidental Damage Waiver Insurance.

When and how do I make payment?

We require a deposit of 20% of the total prices and charges with confirmation of your order. The remaining 80% is due on the day of installation. However this is dependent on the size of marquee you hire.

What if I want to cancel

In the event of cancellation the following charges will be invoiced and due for
payment on the date of commencement of the originally contracted hire period:

• Cancellation more than 3 weeks before the commencement of the period of hire – 25% of the total charge.

• Cancellation 2 weeks before the commencement of the period of hire – 50% of total hire charge.

• Cancellation 1 week before the commencement of the period of hire – 100% of the total hire charge.

What if I need assistance during the event?

We offer a 24 hour call-out service, details will be provided with confirmation of your booking.nterests.

LOOKING FOR A PARTY MARQUEE?

If you are looking to hire a marquee for your party, event or function look no further than Mr Marquee.